So..my new store manager. I started out not caring too much for her. Then I slowly started getting used to her. And while I still like her alright, yesterday was a real banner day for her. But not in a good way.
I opened the store and realized that the alarm hadn't been set the day before. I knew she'd had trouble setting it the other day when I came in for the morning meeting. She came in yesterday morning to work on a project and I commented that the alarm hadn't been set. She said she'd had trouble with her code and that even when she used the dept.manager's code (who wasn't even with her) that she still couldn't get it to set. Huh. I'd like to see me get away with that.
Anyway. Then when the shelvers came in at 7:30am I was informed that there was no shelving log for them that is supposed to be made out the night before. Great. Terrific. It's only the way we keep track of their productivity which new manager is big on. Again,I'd like to see me get away with that one.
Then...our head cashier talks about the fact that the deposit is short. By more than a couple dollars. Turns out that there was some mix up the day before when a vendor was paid from the register. Which new manager was supposed to deal with. But somehow seriously screwed up. She even looked over it and couldn't figure out what the hell she'd done. Me getting away with that? Not likely.
It really started off the day very well. She has a 4 day weekend and I hope she gets her head together by then. This is her first real week of being our new store manager. She's been going back and forth between her old store and our store until there was a new manager in place at her old store. I can understand her being off this week but man,I just kinda doubt that I would get the benefit of the doubt if I screwed up so royally all in one day.
There. I feel better.
Anyhow, I had today off. And I slept and slept. I've got to stop doing that. No wonder I get little done around the house. When I'm awake it's evening and I don't feel right about making a bunch of noise. I mean, I could clean out my spare bedroom but nah..
I don't want to overshare but I've been so damn horny lately. I think it's just PMS though.
I'm going to be buying a ticket in the morning to see Ben Folds on Nov. 16th. Christie,whom I went to see Ryan Adams with and also Glen Phillips, emailed me a few days ago about seeing if I want to go. It'll be in Greenville,SC which is about uh..3 hours away, I think. I downloaded his newest album off of iTunes a few weeks ago and really like it. I've seen him once before, back in 2001, I believe, and he was fantastic.
Who watched "Veronica Mars" last night? Great episode and just to make it better, there was Courtney from the Dandy Warhols singing "Love Hurts" in a falsetto. Fabulous. And now a quiz copped from augustdreams and wistful-blue.
1. Name someone with the same birthday as you: Mozart except different year, of course.
2. Where was your first kiss? In the living room of a friend's house.
3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else's property? Not seriously,no.
4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex? Um..I don't think so. If I have it wasn't in anger.
5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? I was in choir in church and school. Then a theatre major, so yes. I've also hopped onto stage when invited by a band to sing "Paint it Black" while realizing I didn't know all the words. They didn't care. I think I had drank a six pack by that time, so I didn't care either.
6. What's the first thing you notice about the preferred sex? His eyes.
7. What really turns you on? A sense of humor and playfulness with intelligence mixed in.
8. What do you order at Starbucks? I am so happy that it is that time again for Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I order a grande non-fat pumpkin spice latte almost everyday at work.
9. What is your biggest mistake? Its a tie between spending recklessly and shutting my heart away so I won't get hurt again.
10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose? Yes.
11. Say something totally random about yourself. I wish I had worn my retainer when I got my braces off.
12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity? Not really.
13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or TV shows? Damn straight. I love watching repeats of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. And if they played Blossom, I'd be watching that as well. And I love Looney Tunes.
14. Did you have braces? Yes,for 3 years!!!!!
15. Are you comfortable with your height? Usually. I'm 5'6" and I can reach a lot of things but it would be nice to have a couple more inches.
16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you? Seeing as how I'm a failure in the romance dept...I have had a guy I've never met before (I met him online) send me a huge vase of flowers. Unfortunately, I didn't reciprocate his romantic feelings. This quiz is depressing me.
17. When do you know it's love? When I'm consumed by it. I am happy and in love with life as well as the guy. I don't need food to make me happy.
18. Do you speak any other languages? I took 2 years of French so I can understand a tiny amount of it when I read it.But speaking it is another matter.
18. Have you ever been to a tanning salon? Back in my teen years, my dad's business did the cleaning for this gym that had a tanning room. I used it quite often and managed to get a nice burn one time. Those places are evil.
19. What magazines do you read? Since I work at a bookstore, I have the chance to read quite a few on a regular basis. Entertainment Weekly, Glamour, Good Housekeeping, Southern Living, Rolling Stone, Budget Travel, Real Simple, Oprah, Magnet
20. Have you ever ridden in a limo? No.
21. Has anyone you were really close to passed away? My grandmother and my Uncle Bobby. Also, in school one of my lunch buddies, Terry Oliver, died in a car wreck that his older brother,whom I also knew, was driving. That was when I was 16. My first funeral was a double funeral and when I got back in the car after the graveside service, "Dust in the Wind" was playing on the radio.
22. Do you watch MTV? Late at night when they actually play videos. I used to like watching "Real World" but stopped a few seasons back.
23. What's something that really annoys you? People being constantly late.
24. What's something you really like? Spending time with my family.
25. Do you like Michael Jackson? I'm old enough to remember talking about how cute he was back in his "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" days. And then saw him slowly detoriate into the person he is now. Guilty or not, he needs some serious help. So,no. I don't like him but I pity him.
26. Can you dance? Yes. I can cut a mean rug.
27. What's the latest you have ever stayed up? I stay up for 24 hours in a row quite often. I think I've done the 48 hours thing a few times as well.
28. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room? Not in an ambulance,no.
29. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out? Heh. Usually,if the questions are as interesting as these are.
2 comments so far