First off an actual entry and then the meme.
I finally got a chance to talk to my boss today. I asked if she had a minute and closed the office door. I started off saying "I wanted to apologize for my tardiness". She just sort of laughed it off. I continued with telling her that I hate having people think "Oh, Judith is late again!" and that it was really a result of my depression. Then I started tearing up (just like Rachel on "Friends", I hate having to discuss serious things about myself with my boss) and she told me there isn't any need to cry about it. That my depression wasn't showing in my job performance. I told her I felt like it sort of was but then I am harder on me than anybody, I guess.
I ended it by telling her that I would really work hard on this problem. She told me not to worry. She amended it by saying that well, you can worry but not really worry about it. I knew what she meant. I'm glad I talked with her. And I'm really glad that I was the one who initiated the conversation.
I did good today by getting there 7 minutes early and that was even stopping for coffee. Go me! I'll just have to take it day by day.
Tonight I'll be going to see two bands play at the bar. It's kind of cool that I know the lead singers of both of the bands. It makes me sound so much cooler than I really am.
And now for the meme that cardiogirl tagged me with. I think I've done this one before but it's probably been a while.
Four Things About Me YOu May Not Have Known:
1. I won the LP of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" from calling a radio station and being the right number caller.
2. I was in the local audition only choir of the Singing Christmas Tree back in 1986.
3. The first concert I ever saw was Rod Stewart during the Young Turks album tour.
4. The Beatles were my best friends when I was a teen. I would have imaginary conversations with John, Paul, George and Ringo when I was alone. I would have actual dreams where I was there when they wrote "I Want to Hold Your Hand".
Four Jobs I've Had
1. Newspaper carrier for a year and a half when I was attending the community college
2. Sales Clerk at a costume store for a couple years
3. Working the front door at two clubs for 4 years
4. Clerk at an independent record store for 3.5 years
Four Movies I can Watch Over & Over Again
1. Pulp Fiction
2. It's A Wonderful Life
4. Kill Bill 1 & 2
Four Favorite TV Shows
3. The Office
4. Friday Night Lights
Four Favorite Hobbies
1. Buying music
2. Listening to music
3. Watching movies
Four Places I've Lived
1. Memphis, TN
2. Jacksonville, FL
3. Columbia, SC
4. Roanoke, VA
Four Favorite Foods
1. Anything with potatoes
2. Peanut Butter Sandwiches
4. Peach Ice Cream
Four Places I Would Be Right Now
1. With Jim...
2. Charleston, SC
3. Paris, France
4. London, England
Four Websites I Check Daily
3. EZBoard message board
Four People I Tag
2 comments so far